Today’s morning scribbles that I decided to share
I let myself grieve for the expected and very much anticipated future that was not meant to be.My soul collected the darkness and brought it to the forefront so that I may be able to shed it.
So for an hour or two, I experienced the pain I had been running away from.
Hard raw angry tears came and left then sad soft disappointed tears drained me of the rest of the darkness.
Only then did I let the light in.
And the light broke away the path that I had laid out.
Now I stared into nothingness.
But as I looked down then behind me
I was one step ahead from where I started.
I took a deep breath and focused forward.
I knew by losing everything what I found was opportunity.
Quanisha A. McGruder
Here’s a couple hints on what big project is coming up next. Details are still being figured out but I know you will enjoy it.
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
“One day you do meet a man who kisses you and you can’t breathe around it and you realize you don’t need air. Oxygen is trivial. Desire makes life happen. Makes it matter. Makes everything worth it. Desire is life. Hunger to see the next sunrise or sunset. To touch the one you love. To try again.”
― Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever
There will still be other blog posts until the big project is ready to be revealed and be on the look out for a new pinterest board.
Quanisha A. McGruder
Day 12: Find 10 random words and create your own definitions.
I chose some words that popped in my head and one’s that I really like.
- Writer- A person who believes in their imagination. A creator of beautiful unheard of worlds. An illusionist. A kid at heart. An artist.
- Dreams- Subconscious desires of the heart and/or gas of the imagination.
- Peace- A feeling of calmness in the midst of chaos. An untapped place inside the heart, mind, and soul that helps center yourself.
- Dreamer- A person who connects well outside the realm of society. A person who inhabits their inner mind, hopes, and desires. Sometimes seen floating on clouds.
- Love- Something that’s everywhere waiting for you. Something that can be created from inside and fill the entire world.
- Music- Where some of the heart of humanity lies. The first and best therapist, sometimes called one of the spiritual guides.
- Books- A journey disguised as a small paper filled with wonderful words. A time capsule. A portal of wonderment.
- Soul/Spirit- You inner being that feeds off and brings out what you put in it. Drives you to become the best, or worst depending how it’s fed, in you.
- Meditation- A moment of calmness to get in touch with your Soul. A place where you can finally hear you heart, mind, and soul come together as one.
- Butterfly- A symbol of many symbols. A symbol of freedom; beauty; acceptance; maturity.
Thanks for taking a step into Quanisha Dictionary.
This weeks prompts: